Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Favorite

My favorite this month is, Dr. Singha's Mustard Bath.  January is a difficult month here in the north, it gets very cold and is wrought with illness.  For me, that means two things: a very hot bath and time to indulge in some comfort items.  I get both of those, and more, with Dr. Singha's Mustard Bath. 

Dr. Shyam Singha is a popular acupuncturist and Aryurvedic physician who has used this formula in his practice for many years as a way of eliminating acid waste and balance pH.  Mustard has always been known to have cleansing properties, and with the hot water of a bath, it helps, "the largest organ of elimination, the skin, to release impurities".

Many ask if it smells like mustard.  I find it smells more of the wintergreen in its ingredients than anything else, but your bath water will be yellow from the mustard.  I find that the very minty aroma helps open my sinuses and the bath itself really seems to detoxify my skin.  I feel very refreshed after one of these hot mustard baths, and really think my immune system gets the little boost it needs this time of year from the mild cleansing properties.

According to Dr. Singha, this mustard bath formula can also aid in: stress, muscle and joint soreness, congestion, skin conditions, periodic tensions and sleeplessness.  This product is new to the Co-op, affordable, and a perfect way to indulge, heal, and ward off the chill of those very cold January nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment