Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sinus Season



It's that dreaded time of year, sinus season!  Although sinus problems can haunt many all year long, they seem magnified during these cold, dry months.  I have found that the best solution is a neti pot. 

A neti pot is a safe and effective way to maintain healthy sinus processes.  It helps to flush the nasal passages of bacteria and irritants, and to relieve  pain, pressure and congestion.  The Co-op currently carries neti pots made by a small company in northern California called Baraka.  Increasingly miserable from chronic sinus problems, Baraka's founder, Sue Libby,  recieved a neti pot from her mother.  It helped tremendously, and she began a new path to create a high quality neti pot.

Baraka is a small company, but they carry a healthy, sustainable line of neti pots and neti pot products like salt rinses and sinus oils.  They strive to minimize packaging and source organic ingredients.  The clay for the pots come from Ohio and their salts are sourced from an environmentally protected area off the coast of France.

I have to say that my Baraka neti pot has rid me of sinus problems for awhile now.  When I first moved to Grand Marais I suffered from some serious sinus problems.  I bought my first neti pot years later and I have not regretted it.  I rarely suffer sinus problems now and swear by Baraka's products.  My personal favorite is the Dry Nose Oil.  With wood heat and dry winter condition, the Dry Nose Oil has been a lifesaver.

We are expecting a big shipment of Baraka products next week, so look for them on your next trip to the Co-op!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the humidity as low as 4% in the winter in Denver. The dry nose oil is so on my list!

    ReplyDelete